Prediction bar not working

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
anshkhanna
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S II Gingerbread

Re: Prediction bar not working

Post by anshkhanna »

Resent bug log.
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

OK, so I think I see where the problem comes from (if it's what I think, it's NOT a bug, it's just that the mail app explicitly asks the keyboard NOT to display suggestions).
Can you try again the beta version?
If "always suggest" option is on, it should work. Otherwise please send me logs again, I added more information to see why suggestions would not be displayed.
Cyril
anshkhanna

Post by anshkhanna »

Have sent fresh log just now with the beta version in above post.
Still no prediction/auto correct in email body. You may however norice following -
1. The prediction and auto correct work in the subject field - so its clearly not an apk problem but problem limited to body field.
2. Prediction works with Perfect Keyboard which is also a third party keyboard. So there definitely is a way to overcome it.
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

So, we are close to a solution. Thanks to the logs, I saw that predictions are off because this email app uses a non-documented class of input. I did some change in the latest beta (same download link), and this time predictions should remain on even in this situation.
Cyril
anshkhanna

Post by anshkhanna »

Congrats Cyril . You finally got auto correct and predictions working in the email body app.
The only functions which are still not working are auto capitalize and double space for full stop.
Anyways I guess one can live with this.
Please upload final version to Market.
AlphaGeeK
Phone: Galaxy S2 - GINGERBREAD.XWKE2

Post by AlphaGeeK »

Yes, prediction bar working on Samsung Galaxy S2 with the beta version. As stated, still need auto-caps etc investigating.

Good work.
janusz08
Phone: Galaxy Tab P1000 2.3.3

Post by janusz08 »

Hi,
The issue is solved on my Galaxy Tab with Gingerbread 2.3.3 too. Thanks a mill.
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

Sorry but this change has introduced a big regression, and now suggestions are enabled in many apps, whereas they should not.

I tried to enable them only in Galaxy S2 mail client, can you try the latest 4.2.3 beta and let me know if it still works? Thanks
Cyril
janusz08
Phone: Galaxy Tab P1000 2.3.3

Post by janusz08 »

Version 4.2.3 works fine for me as well. But I tested this on Galaxy Tab with Gingerbread 2.3.3.
schrochem

Post by schrochem »

I'm not sure if its related but some entry fields in dolphin hd browser it shows the predictions but doesn't have the "candidate" showing and then selecting it. Its working fine in this reply box but if I go to Google its totally different. Most words wont have a candidate but some will. An example is "the" doesn't but "isn't" does. So it might be related to my auto correct dictionary.