Predictive Texting with T9 Stops Working

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
DefectivePixel
Phone: Droid X, Gingerbread

Predictive Texting with T9 Stops Working

Post by DefectivePixel »

Hello,

I seem to have a bizarre issue with your keyboard. Originally, I only had the trial version and thought it was disabled after some use in order to prompt me to buy the full version. Unfortunately, after buying the pro version I have found that its just as broken. I use T9 in portrait mode only, and after what seems to be a random amount of time, the predictive text capability stops working. Regardless of what settings I use, I cannot make it work again, and the only remedy I have found is to uninstall it and reinstall it from the marketplace. It seems to happen when switching to and from T9 from the compact keyboard, which I occasionally use to type things not in the dictionary.

I originally moved to your keyboard from Better Keyboards' atrocious T9 variant. Your T9 is the closest thing I can find to the perfect T9 keyboard I had on my LG Dare, but unfortunately, I am deliberating uninstalling this keyboard forever as it becomes tiring reinstalling it three times a week.

Have I found a bug? Let me know if you need any additional information as I would greatly appreciate this to be fixed.

Thank you.
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: Predictive Texting with T9 Stops Working

Post by cyril »

Hello
can you explain more in details what you mean exactly by "stops working"? Do you mean that hitting the "T9" key has no effect or what?
Cyril
DefectivePixel
Phone: Droid X, Gingerbread

Re: Predictive Texting with T9 Stops Working

Post by DefectivePixel »

Predictive texting stops working in T9 and qwerty. As in, I will go to type the word "Soon", for example, and all that will come up is pmmm. Its like the dictionary stops syncing with the keyboard. Absolutely no words show up, making T9 useless unless you plan on texting jibberish. Predictive texting is still maintained in compact mode, however, which I find odd. I can manually switch it back to T9 in the settings (not the swiping gestures), and it still will not fix.

It did it yet again today, after working for a week after reinstalling. It does it switching in between modes. I switched to a standard compact keyboard to type in a password (something obviously not in a dictionary), and then gestured/swiped back to T9 mode, and the predictive texting stopped working yet again.

I switched back to Better Keyboards atrocious T9 for the mean time. I am tired of having to uninstall/reinstall, and set everything up again. Let me know if you need any additional information. I love your keyboard (and I should, I paid for it), but I'm tired of continuously re-setting it.

Thanks