Big Problem with last Update

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
MuertoKo

Big Problem with last Update

Post by MuertoKo »

Well I'm experiencing a big trouble with today's update.

When I type (mostly using WhatsApp) and I click "Send" there are 2 cases:

1. The last word suggested was clicked by me manually, then there is no problem
2. The last word was correctly written by me, and I hadn't clicked Space to accept it, just clicked Send direclty. In this case the prediction bar just blocks on the last word so when I click anything to write the next sentence it writes (and twice) the last word I wrote in my lastly sent message.

Example:
Me: Hello dear! How is everything goin' on <--- When typing this, I clicked nothing on the prediction bar when i typed "on" because I typed it well, so just clicked "Send".
Me: onSonSee you later! <--- This is the result when I try to type "See" as the first word on the next sentence.

Only happening with last version, and can't roll back (only option is to uninstall, no posibility to roll back to a previous version

PS: Btw, it happens to me in both, Spanish and Catalan languages.

Hope it helps!
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: Big Problem with last Update

Post by cyril »

I don't see how this could have been a problem since last update... when did you update before that one?
Can you try to disable "touch to correct" option?
Cyril
MuertoKo

Post by MuertoKo »

Still happening... I updated... today I think, there where 2 fast updates in 2 days I think, maybe was the previous one but well... quite the same.

It's just like if when I click Send button it doesn't consider that the word I was writting last is already ok :S

Quite strange, and I take care of my updates regulary so... hadn't had this problem ever, it allways was logic, when you click send the suggestion bar empties! But it isn't happening.

Also tried now by switching off the Touch to correct option, no changes :(
MuertoKo

Post by MuertoKo »

If tomorrow I have no answer I may post a video of it! Help me please!
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

Hello
Does it happen with another app? It will a pain to reproduce the problem (if I can) with WhatsApp. Also, I'm interested in the video
Cyril
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

Yes I have problems with this app but it's a bit different and I cannot reproduce esasily unfortunately... investigating.
Cyril
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

OK I found a (different) way to reproduce a similar issue: at the beginning of a message, type "ok", then space, then backspace, then "o", it will give "OkOko"
I could reproduce this only in WhatsApp, but at least I will be able to understand what happens and fix it.
Cyril
MuertoKo

Post by MuertoKo »

cyril wrote:OK I found a (different) way to reproduce a similar issue: at the beginning of a message, type "ok", then space, then backspace, then "o", it will give "OkOko"
I could reproduce this only in WhatsApp, but at least I will be able to understand what happens and fix it.
First of all... it was finally so stupid to solve it! Just restarted my device! (I don't usually do this, first time in last month :S ) When it switched On the Keyboard was working! It seems to be a problem finishing the install of the last upgrade (maybe I was writting while it was installying or so...).

Btw now is working again and as promised in last update, faster ;)

Thanks for the good job anb keep helping us with this! I'm recomending this Keyboard to all my Catalan-speaking friends... is the only one with prediction and word-lerning that works with Catalan natively!

PS:
Wow the error you say is also happening to me! Simply ty for the effort, won't quite this Keyboard ever!
thequinox
Phone: SGS i9000M w/ 2.3.3 (Darky's v10.0)

Post by thequinox »

I'm having the same problem and I use WhatsApp as my messaging client. I can reproduce the Okoko issue 100% of the time. This issue first cropped up when the tap to correct update was installed. Tried turning the keyboard off and on, same issue. I can also reproduce it by typing OK, hitting space, hitting backspace, and hitting space again. If the dev could download WhatsApp, open a new conversation, and try this it would be greatly appreciated.
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

I am the dev in case you didn't notice ;) I'm investigating on this problem
Cyril