Autotext landscape/portrait issue

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
thegoodguy
Phone: xperia x10, 2.1

Autotext landscape/portrait issue

Post by thegoodguy »

Hi,

Firstly, fab app. I've only just (5 days ago) been introduced to android and am loving the idea.

I'm having a problem with autotext on my Xperia X10 Mini Pro (2.1)

Landscape - using physical keyboard - everything works fine. "yo" gives me "We are open from 9amm to 5:30pm ..."
Landscape - using touch-screen keyboard - everything works fine."We are open from 9amm to 5:30pm ..."
Portrait - using T9 touch-screen keyboard - autotext doesn't work. "yo" gives me "yo"

Although I have the alternatives, it's the T9 input that is speediest for me.

Have I missed a setting somewhere?

Thanks in advance.
thegoodguy

Re: Autotext landscape/portrait issue

Post by thegoodguy »

Ok. I just thought "try portrait with multitap instead of T9" ... autotext works.

So now my question has changed a little; Is this a "feature" or bug?

Thanks.

EDIT:
The problem is kinda solved. I just changed the "yo" to "wm". Now it works in both T9 and multitap ... still a little annoying though.
thegoodguy

Post by thegoodguy »

Spoke too soon :( Although it works using T9 and multitap, it has now stopped working on the physical keyboard.

Is there a solution?

Thanks.
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

The problem is kinda solved. I just changed the "yo" to "wm". Now it works in both T9 and multitap ... still a little annoying though.
Yes, because autotext only takes what you type into account, so if you use T9 prediction you can only type "wm", and not "yo"

About your hard keyboard problem, I cannot answer, I was never able to reproduce any bug with the hard keyboard...
Cyril
thegoodguy

Post by thegoodguy »

I see. That would explain things. It threw me because I've moved over from a blackberry autotext which works on T9-ed text too.

Just to explain "yo" and "wm" on the portrait touch keyboard is the same as "wo", which is short for "we open". So "wo" autotexts our business opening hours.

This explains why my attempts on the hard keyboard didn't work for me. I was typing "wo" cos "wm" didn't automatically spring to mind. oh dopey me :oops: I got it working for me by having a double entry in autotext. One for "wo" and one for "wm". I prefer the touch-screen, my brother prefers the hard keyboard. We're both content now.

I only explain this in case anyone else out there uses autotext and keyboards weirdly.

Thanks Cyril.