SmartKeyboard PRO doesn't hide

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
ramirez
Phone: Samsung Galaxy I5500

SmartKeyboard PRO doesn't hide

Post by ramirez »

Hi, I've just upgraded my Samsung Galaxy 5 with FroYo and now I'm experiencing a strange issue with SmartKeyboard PRO. I shall reproduce the possible bug here.

I'm using latest 4.2.3 with enabled Français & Български as active keyboard layouts. Français is my default keyboard layout and I noticed the issue while using it. I power up my Galaxy 5 and run for example Notes app. Then the SmartKeyboard PRO pops up and I long-press the 123 button to enter keyboard setting, but... surprise - keyboard refuses to hide itself. Even my hardware back button stops functionning so I could' exit the settings menu. Only hardware home button brings me back to desktop, but keyboard stays there still refusing to hide itself. I have to click in Google search field and then the hardware back button works again and keyboard automagically hides as intented to act when not used.
The issue happens only the first time I enter settings using 123 button and after every restart. Issue never happened while using Android Éclair 2.1.1.

I've just sent a log to your email concerning the issue. Hope to see it resolved soon.
ramirez
Phone: Samsung Galaxy I5500

Re: SmartKeyboard PRO doesn't hide

Post by ramirez »

Really no idea whether is this issue going to be fixed anytime soon ?
Should you need any more logs for investigating it, do not hesitate to contact me here. I even switched back to Android 2.1.1 to have SKP without this issue.

P.S. I've noticed a new version of SKP - 4.3.0 and upgraded to it but this problem persists even using this version. I love SmartKeyboard PRO and it is really annoying to see such a minor bug still hanging around :(
kromonos
Phone: Samsung Galaxy GT-I5500

Post by kromonos »

Same here with Galaxy 5, SKP 4.3.0.
Reproducable with Google+ Huddle, creating a new huddle, after adding a circle :(
Also often happens, when trying to go to settings (seems only appears with skp 4.2.3) over the 123 button.

Image Image Image

The only way, to get back to normal operation, is pressing Home -> Search -> Back Buttons .. :(
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

I would be happy to fix this problem, but I never managed to reproduce it...
Cyril
kromonos

Post by kromonos »

Maybe the problem solves by itself. I'm going to use skp anyway :D
kromonos

Post by kromonos »

Hmm, since I'm using SKP without fullscreen in portrait mode, it hides normaly in every situation. Maybe, there is a problem with fullscreen? (SKP 4.3.0 Beta)