y and z swapped ONLY when enabling hardware KB suggestions

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
benschoern
Phone: Motorola MB300

y and z swapped ONLY when enabling hardware KB suggestions

Post by benschoern »

Hi,

since the latest update I have the following problem:

with the German language selected, on the physical keyboard (qwertz) pressing 'z' gives me a 'z' with smartkeyboard,
but if I enable "suggestions for physical keyboard" in the smartkeyboards options menu,
the suggestions work, but pressing 'z' now gives me a 'y' and vice versa.

This must be a software-bug, because without the suggestion enabled, everything works fine.

Can you please fix this issue with the next update?

That'll be nice :mrgreen:
Thanx in advance

Edit: It's not only that x and y are swapped, the alt-symbols and the numbers are also not were they should be... ALT-Q (should be "1" gives me an "*" and the numbers 1to9 are on "W E R, S D F, Y X C" - forming a perfect numeric keypad. What key-layout is this?
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: y and z swapped ONLY when enabling hardware KB suggestio

Post by cyril »

benschoern wrote:since the latest update I have the following problem:
Nothing has changed in the latest update, so if this is a new problem it has to be due to your android system.
Smart Keyboard uses the default keyboard mapping (it cannot guess if you have a physical QWERTY or QWERTZ keyboard), so that's probably what has changed recently for you.
Cyril
benschoern

Post by benschoern »

cyril wrote:
benschoern wrote:since the latest update I have the following problem:
Nothing has changed in the latest update, so if this is a new problem it has to be due to your android system.
Smart Keyboard uses the default keyboard mapping (it cannot guess if you have a physical QWERTY or QWERTZ keyboard), so that's probably what has changed recently for you.

Thank you for your answer!

Possible that it is a system-problem. I did change from 2.2 to 2.3, modded (CM7) so everything is possible :-)

BUT SmartKeyboard does everything rigth when suggestion is turned off for physical keyboard.
ONLY when suggestion is enabled, the mapping is wrong.

Strange! Someone has any idea?
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

benschoern wrote:BUT SmartKeyboard does everything rigth when suggestion is turned off for physical keyboard.
Of course, as Smart Keyboard doesn't need to intercept key events if "physical keyboard" option is off
Cyril
benschoern

Post by benschoern »

cyril wrote:
benschoern wrote:BUT SmartKeyboard does everything rigth when suggestion is turned off for physical keyboard.
Of course, as Smart Keyboard doesn't need to intercept key events if "physical keyboard" option is off
That makes sense, indeed.

Have you maybe any idea, what mapping this is (y and z swapped, number pad on ALT-W,E,R S,D,K X,C,V)?
And can I maybe change the mapping myself, somewhere?

Thank you very much,
Ben