Invisible text

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
rtk
Phone: Evo 3D

Invisible text

Post by rtk »

I'm using Smart Keyboard Pro and lately (and randomly) when I go to type in a text message or any other text box in any application the characters will not be visible. The predictive text is still working while this is going on but the message wont send because it doesn't 'see' any text. I can't recreate how or why it happens and the only way to fix it has been to keep pressing delete and retyping the characters until they appear and it starts typing normally. I've reinstalled the keyboard and restarted - same issue.

Anyone else experienced this? I'm running Smart Keyboard Pro on Evo 3D.
rzorzi
Phone: Asus transformer tablet

Re: Invisible text

Post by rzorzi »

Yeah bump this. I am experiencing the invisible text when on landscape on my Asus transformer tablet. I love smart keyboard more than the built in keyboards as well as any other keyboard that is available, but if I can't see what I am typing then the keyboard is no good.
rtk

Post by rtk »

I should add that this only happens after I unlock the phone and immediately try to do something that requires typing.
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

This happens when the "input connection" is lost between the keyboard and the app. There is nothing the keyboard can do about it, and it seems to happen in situations not handled properly by the Android framework (for instance when the keyboard process is shut down while an app was still running)
Cyril
rtk

Post by rtk »

I'm not having any issues with other keyboards and it's starting to happen every single time i unlock my phone to respond to a text now. It's getting frustrating :(

I uninstalled twice and no fix. Is there a setting I can adjust to reduce the frequency?