Solved (Not a bug): Adding punctuation via tap to add

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
jl_678
Phone: Moto Atrix 4G

Solved (Not a bug): Adding punctuation via tap to add

Post by jl_678 »

I have been using many keyboards and really like this one. However, I am really irked by a bug. With every other keyboard, after you tap to add a word, the tap to add area switches to punctuation. This works with SKP too. However, the problem comes when you actually tap to add the punctuation. With other KB's the punctuation is added right after the previous letter. (e.g. "He said" becomes "He said," after you tap the comma) With SKP, the punctuation is added after a space thus I see the following: "He said" becomes "He said ,". To me this bug makes the tap to add punctuation features useless and this is something that I use often. It is clearly a bug since every other KB I have used treats this appropriately. Any chance this could get fixed in a future release? Yes, I have paid for the product.

Just to be clear. This does happen with all apps and so this does seem like a bug and not an app issue.
Last edited by jl_678 on Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: Bug: Adding punctuation via tap to add

Post by cyril »

Hi,
It's not a bug, it's just that you didn't enable the "swap punctuation" option
Cyril
jl_678
Phone: Moto Atrix 4G

Re: Bug: Adding punctuation via tap to add

Post by jl_678 »

Thank you. I missed that option! I appreciate the prompt response.