Bugs on autocorrect feature while using the portuguese dicti

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
Alcap
Phone: Nexus S

Bugs on autocorrect feature while using the portuguese dicti

Post by Alcap »

Hello there,
I've bought this keyboard and I'm freaking loving it! The auto correct is awesome, although it has a slight problem. My guess is that it's due to how the keyboard recognizes a character and matches it against those on the "most probable word" matches.
So, this is my issue. When I'm typing two letter words with special characters, like the word "só", "dá", etc, and because I don't insert the diacritic marks myself (I wait for the autocorrect to do that (XDA's htc IME_mod used to do just that), the keyboard will look for words resembling those I typed. For example, I type in "so" waiting for the result to be "só". Instead, the keyboard usually corrects to "do". This doesn't happen on longer words (it might happen on some 3 or 4 letter words, I'm not sure).
I know this post might be confusing to the devs, but I'm really not sure how well I should explain my problem. If you need any additional help, just post it and I'll do my best to help you... If you don't have a portuguese developer on staff, you can just try typing a small text in portuguese on your phone and see how the keyboard reacts (just forget to type the diacritic marks)...
Also, a word with c-cedilla (the character "ç"), typed using the character "c" instead of the "ç", will autocorrect just fine, not sure if that's because of the length of the word or because it's better ajusted for that particular character.

Thanks for taking a look into this, it's a somewhat annoying problem...