Swipe gestures almost impossible to use

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
jcs
Phone: LG Optimus S Android 2.3.3

Swipe gestures almost impossible to use

Post by jcs »

Phone: Lg Optimus S
Android: Version 2.3.3
Product: Smart Keyboard Pro

Swipe gestures are extremely unreliable and usually result in unwanted keypresses instead of performing the intended function. When I had Android 2.2, swipe gestures worked well, and I frequently used a swipe-down gesture to hide the keyboard. However, upon upgrading to Android 2.3.3, the swipe gestures have become extremely insensitive, despite turning the sensitivity to the maximum.

If I move my finger in an extremely short and fast downward swiping motion, Smart Keyboard Pro performs the intended action about 50% of the time, and enters a bunch of unwanted characters the other 50% of the time. Under Android 2.2, swipe gestures seemed much more reliable -- a slow movement off the bottom of the keyboard almost always closed the keyboard. Now, this movement never performs the intended action -- it just enters a bunch of keys.

Is there any way to close the keyboard other than using the swipe gesture? I wouldn't even need the swipe gesture if it wasn't for the lack of a "close" key.
Frankump
Phone: ls670

Re: Swipe gestures almost impossible to use

Post by Frankump »

I have the same problem with my LG Optimus (Sprint). It is very frustrating. You can use the "back" key on your Optimus to close the keyboard.