FN key not working properly for Desire Z HW keyboard

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
winger
Phone: HTC Desire Z

FN key not working properly for Desire Z HW keyboard

Post by winger »

Hi Cyril,

Can you help with this one - I have a problem for Desire Z HW keyboard.
The thing is that if I want to write some word in quotes i. e. this thing -> " I press FN once to get alternative character, but only one, so that the next one is normal, but what I get is this -> "5his is theexample" instead of this -> "this is the example". Seems like FN key is working for two consecutive characters, but the problem is only for that character -> ", all others work fine.

Also, one more question, how to switch off capitalisation after fullstop or new line, but only for one letter. For example, when I write "e. g.", I get "e. G.". Would be great if pressing shift once or deleting capitalised letter would switch off the capitalisation rule for next character.
winger

Re: FN key not working properly for Desire Z HW keyboard

Post by winger »

Darn spammers......

Cyril, can you please take a look at the bug that I described in the original post? Thanks.
winger

Post by winger »

Issues with FN key for Desire Z fixed with new version - excellent!!!

However - after update of my phone to 2.3.3 the code for SYM key has changed from 97 to 116 and pressing it again gives  insdead of special symbols table. I saw one more user reporting same issue on the board. Can you fix it? I suppose this is relatively easy to fix.

One more bug still remaining, when using HW keyboard, any password entered on a web form is visible on the suggestion bar...
winger

Post by winger »

Here is another user reporting same issue with SYM key:

http://www.dexilog.com/smartkeyboard/fo ... sym#p41375