multi touch sometimes doesn't work

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: multi touch sometimes doesn't work

Post by cyril »

Well, the sound "glitch" is due to a hack I had to do to solve the swipe issue.. I will find something to get a better feeling
Cyril
stimpsonjc
Phone: htc incredible, android 2.1

Post by stimpsonjc »

Assuming it's only the click that's created a perceived difference, I think most people would not notice it nor care... Most people leave the click off, if I am not mistaken... 290 beta 2 is just infinitely better than 280 in my opinion. It feels very fast whether you use beta 1 or 2, certainly much faster than competing keyboards. Just my 2 cents of course.
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

So here is the latest beta: http://www.dexilog.com/smartkeyboard/be ... 0-beta.apk
You will see there is much more than the multitouch improvement ;)
Cyril
stimpsonjc
Phone: htc incredible, android 2.1

Post by stimpsonjc »

So far it looks like everything is working for me (HTC Incredible, 2.1) -- thanks again! :mrgreen:
onthecouch
Phone: Android 2.1

Post by onthecouch »

I have downloaded the latest update (Aug 15) and while it seems to dish out words smoother, I still find some missteps with the multi-touch function. For instance, typing "you" quickly still results in "yu" despite the pop-up keys showing all three letters y-o-u having been pressed. The same is true for other common words like "Hey (Hy)" or "get (gt)." I also notice it for words ending in "-ing". It'll usually end up missing the n, eg. "takig" or "makig."

SKB is superior to stock keyboards or other keyboards on the market (including Better Keyboard), but a genuine fix for this could really go a long way in making the user experience ideal. These hiccups and missed/unregistered letters can be slightly frustrating when typing out a quick message, or a long email. Looking forward to more updates to these woes.

EDIT: I'm running Android 2.1 on a Vibrant. I don't have the sound or vibrate functions turned on when typing.
aamzalag

Post by aamzalag »

Hey Cyril,
so I was using cyanogen again on my motor Droid and updated to the most recent version and multi touch isn't working again. Can I send you some logs or something? It works fine on other stood Tom's. Just not on cyanigen mod 6 :(
frader
Phone: Incredible 2.1

Post by frader »

I'd been hesistant to upgrade from 2.8.2 but finally did (to 3.0.3) and while the swipe bug is fixed, multi-touch is worse than before. I'm getting a bunch of missed characters, alternate keys (i.e. the popup menu you get if you hold down a key) getting stuck on, etc. I missed the 2.9.0 beta and others, but would be happy to go back and test previous versions if they're available somewhere (the links in previous posts in this thread no longer work). For now I'm using 2.8.2, which I'd backed up.