multi touch sometimes doesn't work

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
aamzalag

Re: multi touch sometimes doesn't work

Post by aamzalag »

I just changed roms to sapphire for droid, ad now the keyboard works so amazing. Its comparable to the iPhone keyboard now. Amazing Cyril. Thanks so much.
stimpsonjc
Phone: htc incredible, android 2.1

Post by stimpsonjc »

The touch points image from my other post suggests that my multitouch is working correctly, right?

I also tried app called Multitouch Visual Test, and it seems to work fine.

Hopefully the Log I sent you has some useful info.

Thanks,
frader
Phone: Incredible 2.1

Post by frader »

No luck here after the latest update (on Incredible). Logged it and didn't see the word "multitouch" anywhere in two separate logs. I've never had any need to reboot after installation, FYI.

Thanks for your hard work on this - keep it up. Have you thought about looking at the HTC IME source code to see how they did it?
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

@stimpsonjc: the touch points you see are definitely showing a problem.
Actually it made me a discover a stupid bug in the multitouch "fix" I made... I will fix it in right now in 2.8.2
If the problem persists after the update I will send you a debug version for more investigation
Cyril
frader
Phone: Incredible 2.1

Post by frader »

Excellent! That fixed it for me.

Fyi there's one small piece of collateral damage... when you use a gesture it leaves a single character behind.

Edit: lost multitouch after a few minutes. Hmm.
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

Indeed there is a side effect on swipe... So I reverted to the pre 2.8.0 behavior for now as it's a very serious regression, sorry for all these updates...
I will post a beta version once I have figured out all the issues (this last one is not an easy one)
Cyril
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

I will look at the swipe issue, meanwhile you can still get the "nearly-fixed" version here: http://www.dexilog.com/smartkeyboard/be ... beta_1.apk
Let me know if you see other problems than the extra character with swipe in that version. Thanks
Cyril
stimpsonjc

Post by stimpsonjc »

2.9.0 beta 1 is GREAT!! Thank you! :D :D :D

No keystrokes are lost now.

If you need any more screen captures or logs for the gesture glitch, let me know, I'll be happy to help.
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

Could you test http://www.dexilog.com/smartkeyboard/be ... beta_2.apk ?
The swipe issue should be fixed and the multitouch workaround still working. I hope this will be the last try!
Cyril
stimpsonjc

Post by stimpsonjc »

Swipe glitch is fixed.

Fast keystrokes still seem as good as in beta 1, but somehow "feels" not as fast?? This is very subjective.

New glitch: Two very closely spaced (i.e. probably overlapping) keystrokes only give you one key click sound. In beta 1, you get two clicks for the two keystrokes. The lack of the two clicks for hyperfast keystrokes might be what makes it feel slower...

I am backing up beta 1 and beta 2 to keep for my own reference. Beta 1 to me feels "perfect" except for the swipe thing. If i could just get long-press-comma = microphone, then I would not need any swipe gestures. (hint hint wink wink) :D :D :D