multi touch sometimes doesn't work

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: multi touch sometimes doesn't work

Post by cyril »

Out of curiosity, do you have issues with multitouch with the stock keyboard too? Or is it even better to have no multitouch at all (I can't see why it would be better, so it's interesting to know)
Cyril
Phone: Nexus One

Post by avatar5d »

Nope, I have absolutely no glitches with the stock keyboard. I've also used Swype and the HTC IME and have never had any problems with those either.

I'd prefer to use SKP because it's the fastest and has the most features.
nick.koutrelakos
Phone: Motorola Droid 2.0.1

Post by nick.koutrelakos »

This same issue is present on the HTC Incredible (which doesn't surprise me, considering it has a similar screen to the Nexus One). Please fix it, if you can, cyril. I love SKP...
goldee
Phone: HTC Incredible

Post by goldee »

Same issue here on an htc incredible.
atmu
Phone: incredible

Post by atmu »

I just posted a new topic with the same problem under the title "keyboard lag, cannot type fast." I'm having the same issue on Htc incredible. I've switched to ShapeWriter for now because of it. The stock Htc keyboard does not have this issue but it sucks for other reasons.

If this issue gets fixed SKB will be back to default
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

So, now that Google finally sent me that Nexus One, I can clearly see the problem. I am working on a fix
Cyril
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

Ok, so the reason is clear. If you type for instance "hahahaha" very fast with two fingers, android may tell the keyboard that you start to press on "h", and release your finger on "a" (i.e. it doesn't even see that there are two fingers involved), so it only displays "h", as if you moved one finger quickly from h to a. I will try to work on this, but as far as I can see the android keyboard doesn't behave better at all in this situation
Cyril
nick.koutrelakos
Phone: Motorola Droid 2.0.1

Post by nick.koutrelakos »

On my Motorola Droid, SKP works flawlessly. On my HTC Incredible, it has this problem... clearly there can be a fix..?
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

There is a workaround to this touchscreen bug in the Froyo stock keyboard. I am not 100% happy with Google's implementation of the workaround, but I will try to integrate something similar as soon as possible (it requires a bit of testing)
Cyril
WillJitsu
Phone: EVO 4G / Android 2.1

Post by WillJitsu »

Multitouch is not working at all for me on the EVO 4G. Is this a known issue on this phone as well?