Broken popup on long press with 2.3.x

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
lornova

Broken popup on long press with 2.3.x

Post by lornova »

After 2.3.0 updates, that should "improve the popup keyboard on long press", I'm no longer able to use the popup keyboard. Now it requires to leave the finger on the screen to select the variation, if you remove the finger the popup disappears. Previously, there was an "X" button to dismiss the popup, and it was much easier to use.
I had also a bug with Italian keyboard on "e" popup (variations "3", "è", "é"), no matters which variation I choose, I always get "é". That one seems fixed in 2.3.1.
lornova

Re: Broken popup on long press with 2.3.x

Post by lornova »

Added to bug tracker
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

Hi
it's not a bug, that's precisely the improvement !!!!
It's so much faster to select an accent by sliding your finger, than having to long press on the letter, release your finger, and then click on the letter
Sorry if you don't like it.. I can add an option to customize the behavior, but it's some work so I'll do it only if enough people would like the old behavior as you do
Cyril
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

So, I added this option ("Slide popup keyboard") in the advanced settings in v2.3.2
Cyril
redsun82
Phone: HTC Magic, Android 1.6

Post by redsun82 »

As another Italian user, I totally think the new way of typing accented letters is way better. For one thing, defaults are way faster to type. As stated elsewhere there are some issues as to what defaults are, but I'm confident it will be fixed sooner or later. As I stated in my other post, it's true alternatives of "e" should be rearrenged to let "è" to be typed more easy than "é". But the slide to select way to alternatives is IMHO a significant improvement.

Anyway, an even better improvement is one that let's you choose more options. So, good work cyril :)
wkopera
Phone: Eris 2.0

Post by wkopera »

I don't get options at all on a long press, just the default symbol above the letter. I had it before the latest upgrade, but now it doesn't come up.
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

Which language? You probably changed it...
Cyril