closes/crashes(?) every 100 words or so - Galaxy S2

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
brandobean
Phone: epic 4g

closes/crashes(?) every 100 words or so - Galaxy S2

Post by brandobean »

Just upgraded to a Sprint Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G touch) from an original Epic 4G and installed SKP version 4.6.1 from the market. I'm encountering spontaneous closes every 200 words or so and would like feedback/suggestions? This is a STOCK non-rooted EK02 ROM and there is plenty of memory available left (over 1Gig, no SD card)

REPRO:
1. Launch keyboard in a text input area in either Facebook app or the web browser (I was doing typing on XDA forums)
2. Type quickly (I'm pretty speedy) entering text.
3. After between 100 and 200 words of text, the keyboard would spontaneously close. Close as in if you had hit submit. (not close as in "force close")

RESULT: This spontaneous closing is frustrating because as you are typing quickly, your next keystroke then lands on the web page instead of the keyboard which often navigates you away from your text box...and you lose everything you were typing. My workaround for now is to Select-ALL -> Copy every 50 words or so.

Anybody else seeing this?
excubated
Phone: HTC Desire, MIUI-AU (ICS 4.0.3)

Re: closes/crashes(?) every 100 words or so - Galaxy S2

Post by excubated »

I've had a similar problem on my ICS Desire - every 100 words or so, the keyboard freezes, and the only way to get it to work again is mashing a lot of keys until the keyboard suddenly works again.. What I did to fix my problem was to disable multitouch support (in the Advanced menu). Try it, could be the same bug behaving differently on different devices? :)
brandobean
Phone: epic 4g

Re: closes/crashes(?) every 100 words or so - Galaxy S2

Post by brandobean »

Interesting. I should mention this suddenly stopped happening about a month or so ago. I'm not really sure why. I do NOT have multi-touch disabled. Maybe a newer version I'd installed since then fixed the issue. I'm currently running: 4.6.1