Unwanted word always highlighted & selected in predict mode

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
HippoMan
Phone: Nexus One, Android 2.1

Unwanted word always highlighted & selected in predict mode

Post by HippoMan »

I'm using Smart Keyboard Pro version 2.4.1 on my Nexus 1.

I'm noticing a weird problem in involving prediction. I have "Auto-capitalization", "Quick fixes", and "Show suggestions" set, but "Auto-complete" is off.

I only put a half dozen items in the "Custom AutoText" list. One of them is this:

god->God

In other words, I want Smart Keyboard Pro to auto-capitalize the word "god".

With this entry in place, if I type the word "god" at the beginning of a sentence, the "G" gets automatically capitalized, and a number of words show up in the suggestion bar. One of them is "God's". However, this word shows up highlighted, and when I hit space after the word "God", it gets replaced with "God's". There is no way I can type "God" without it being replaced by "God's".

However, if I remove god->God from Custom AutoText, this doesn't occur any more. But in that case, if I type "god" (lower case) somewhere other than the beginning of a sentence, it doesn't get capitalized.

There are no other entries in "Custom AutoText" which look like "god" or "God" or "God's". Nor are there any entries like "God's" in any dictionary.

How can prevent "God's" from showing up as being highlighted in the suggestion bar when I type "God", and how do I keep it from being auto-selected when I hit space after the word "God"? I don't care if "God's" appears in the selection bar. I just don't want it to be incorrectly auto-selected.

Thanks in advance.
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: Unwanted word always highlighted & selected in predict mode

Post by cyril »

Hello
there is actually "God's" in the integrated english dictionary, however I cannot reproduce your problem, if I add god->God in autotext, "God" is always selected. Can you check (and remove) any word similar to god in your user dictionary? It may be an explanation.
Otherwise I would suggest you to enable "Smart Dictionary" (though for me it works even without it this option)
If nothing works, you can backup your settings and send me your backup.zip by mail so that I can reproduce the problem
Cyril
shirley0123

Re: Unwanted word always highlighted & selected in predict m

Post by shirley0123 »

Asics Onitsuka Tiger Mexico 66 are individuals that you will not regret purchasing. These classic shoes still maintains its popularity based off the fact that people love the look, design and feel. Onitsuka Tiger Mexico 66 Baja should definitely be at the top of any footwear aficionado's list.