I can't type the symboles above the numbers

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
New Daddy

I can't type the symboles above the numbers

Post by New Daddy »

I can't type the symbols above the number keys (i.., !, @, #, $, etc.).
None of them.
What gives?
This is a tremendous impediment, as I can't write emails.
schrochem

Re: I can't type the symboles above the numbers

Post by schrochem »

Those are the symbols on a conventional keyboard. They are there but on different areas of this keyboard. In general settings make sure you have 'show alt labels' check marked. Then go back to the keyboard and long press the letter that has the symbol you want. You can also hit the '123' key to bring up the most popular symbols.
New Daddy

Post by New Daddy »

schrochem wrote:Those are the symbols on a conventional keyboard. They are there but on different areas of this keyboard. In general settings make sure you have 'show alt labels' check marked. Then go back to the keyboard and long press the letter that has the symbol you want. You can also hit the '123' key to bring up the most popular symbols.
I should have made my question clearer.

I have a physical, sliding keyboard. I can't type these symbols from the sliding QWERTY keyboard. I see the symbols and type them from the soft (virtual) keyboard fine.
New Daddy

Post by New Daddy »

Today, I found the answer. Try MultiLing Keyboard (https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... atin&hl=en). It is free, versatile and takes care of the couple of issues that Smart Keyboard had, which its developer has neglected to solve, including the proper voice recognition language. MiltiLing follows the language of the current keyboard when on voice recognition.

Goodbye Smart Keybard Pro, and welcome MiltiLing!