odd auto corrects lately

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
istaylor71
Phone: Droid Bionic

odd auto corrects lately

Post by istaylor71 »

First, let me say I love your keyboard, and have the paid version, have rated, and have installed paid versions on 2 friends phones. I recently upgraded phones, going from 4.5.0 on OG Droid to 4.6.1 on Droid Bionic, and auto correct is behaving strangely sometimes now. It occasionally does not auto correct common English words. I can't find/think of an example of that right now, but have some similar examples.

Are these problems simply due to a new phone, and SKB needing to relearn?

Odd auto corrects ("correcys" had a bold (auto correct) suggestion down here in the body of my post, but not in the subject line.

Noe is not auto corrected to now. I googled noe and it appears to be a proper name, which I am not familiar with. Why wouldn't "now" take priority?

Thidt yhodr rgosr all should auto correct to "those" it is the first suggestion, but not bold, so doesn't auto correct

"hb" autocorrects to several different things when typed repeatedly:
Hobby Hobby BBQ Hobby Hobby Hobby know in until Hobby BBQ
istaylor71
Phone: Droid Bionic

Re: odd auto corrects lately

Post by istaylor71 »

PS...may I suggest that the number of letters gets a higher weight in your auto correct algorithm? If I start to type "post", it bold recommends nothing for "p", then "point" (or "place" or "long") for "po", then "possible" for "pos", then "post" for "post"

I know there is some logic there, and it could save keystrokes with larger words being suggested, but I have seen many words suggested that have a lot more letters than what are already correctly typed for a shorter word. I think just a slightly different weight would help.

Thanks,
Ian
brandobean
Phone: epic 4g

Re: odd auto corrects lately

Post by brandobean »

The issue of suggesting autocorrect words with radically different letter-counts is my number one (by FAR) issue with smart keyboard pro. There is a seperate thread about this in the suggestion section of the forum here. http://www.dexilog.com/smartkeyboard/fo ... f=2&t=5213