[Autotext] Problem replacing some letters/words: no replace!

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
Noisemaker

[Autotext] Problem replacing some letters/words: no replace!

Post by Noisemaker »

Hi,
I have a pretty annoying problem with the autotext function.
Some words or letters that I set are not changed with the corresponding word or letter appears.
For example, pressing the 9 key in T9 layout, I was placed the 'x' not 'y', so I put:
y -> x
but does not work. Same thing for other words.

Can someone explain to me how to fix?? :?: :?:
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: [Autotext] Problem replacing some letters/words: no repl

Post by cyril »

Hello
In T9 mode, the keyboard has no way to guess that you want a "y" when you press the "wxyz" key, so only the first letter of the key is taken into account. So you just need to define the autotext "w -> x" instead of "y -> x" and it will work
Cyril
ChokDK
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2

Post by ChokDK »

Wooow - YES - this was the solution I was looking for!!
Thank you Cyril!!
Noisemaker

Post by Noisemaker »

Yes works!!
Before i've write "y->x" because when press 9 first letter selected was y so i've put it in autotext
SamFerdinand
Phone: HTC Desire S w/ Sense 3.0; Android 2.3.5

Post by SamFerdinand »

Grateful for the help, as it did work .. somewhat. I added to Autotext g -> i and since the letter i is a word both in Norwegian and in English, this works fine. Then I did the same for the letter a (which is not a word in itself) into å. But now this gets converted on the English keyboard too, even though this Norwegian letter doesn't exist in the English language or keyboard setup!
You have already made a fantastic feature in the User Dictionary where one may choose in which language setup the word added will be in effect (I have some words in this database which is effect only in Norwegian, and some words only in English). Is it possible to add the same feature to the Autotext?? You have already made the code for this, so I'm guessing it won't be too much of extra work. It's not particularly optimal as it is now.

Thank you for reading.

Regards
Sam

cyril wrote:Hello
In T9 mode, the keyboard has no way to guess that you want a "y" when you press the "wxyz" key, so only the first letter of the key is taken into account. So you just need to define the autotext "w -> x" instead of "y -> x" and it will work