auto correct sometimes doesn't auto correct

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: auto correct sometimes doesn't auto correct

Post by cyril »

You don't need any autotext to translate "im" to "I'm" (there is no problem with that at least in the beta)
About the period on double space, it works... if you choose the option "period on double space"
Cyril
hurleygurlie2388
Phone: samsung vibrant android 2.1

Post by hurleygurlie2388 »

the option for double space period is selected in the settings... this only recently started happening. and my point with "I'm" is that i have it switched in auto text to correct itself to lower case and it corrects itself in upper case- another problem that only just started happening. i did a battery pull earlier today and it didnt help. i text with both thumbs and use landscape and normal, all the same. samsung vibrant... PS maybe it's just ownership words like I'm I'd I've i'll... i'll is the only one that just did what it was supposed to do
hurleygurlie2388

also, auto complete is turned off and it still inserts im ill ive etc with capitalization. and like I said it didn't do it before. so now I'm just using swype, a keyboard I didn't have to pay for and just dealing with the capitalization I don't want.... I tried un installing and installed the english dictionary, still problems.there are several comments in the market place of vibrant users having the same problem, obviously they didn't read where it said to email you
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

Well, you paid for Swype, it's included in the cost of your phone (OEM license)...
The other users complain because they forgot to install the English dictionary, it has nothing to do with your (very specific) problem. But I'm working on it, the problem is just that the built-in autotext has priority over the custom autotext, whereas it should be the contrary.
Cyril
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

Can you try this new beta?
It should fix your problem by always giving the biggest priority to custom autotext
Cyril
hurleygurlie2388

so beta fixed my verrrry specific issue lol except the double space to period still isn't working. it was before so idk what the problem is and I swear I have it checked in the settings. maybe it's a vibrant thing... and sorry if I sounded like a dick before,i just miss my blackberry keyboard and you have no idea how excited I was when I first got this keyboard!! and i'd much rather tap what I want than swype this shit lol
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

About the double space issue I still don't understand... can you backup your keyboard settings to the SD card and send me the file /sdcard/smartkeyboardpro/backup.zip by mail (smartkeyboardpro at gmail.com) ?
Cyril
hurleygurlie2388

just as soon as I figure out how to lol