Galaxy Note Bugs

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
steanfer
Phone: Samsung GN-7000

Re: Galaxy Note Bugs

Post by steanfer »

I have the same problem with my Galaxy Note. When I typing fast, sometimes one key isnt recognized and the keyboard result very laggy!
Please, you can fix?

regards,
stefano
schrochem

Post by schrochem »

well I got the note last night....
I have noticed this a little bit.
I loaded my settings that I had from the tbolt so i'm not sure how many variable there are.
Have you tried messing with 'multitap interval' in General settings?
not sure if that has anything to do with it though...
schrochem

Post by schrochem »

I was reading about a kernel someone was putting together and there is an interesting bit about 'ghost touch'
I guess some of you have the intl version of the Note so I don't know if it's applicable.
I might give it a try but I'm still a bit leery since development is so young.
Here it is:
Samsung added a bit of code to the touchscreen driver on the non-intl version of the note to detect 'ghost' touch input events, similar to the raindrop detection on the original Motorola Atrix (and others). While a nice idea on paper, this had un-intended consequences when trying to perform multi-touch input that continues longer than around 5 seconds; such as playing some games. It is now disabled in this kernel.

Edit: There also seems to be a pleasant side effect that I hadn't noticed... keyboard input is improved. Makes sense I suppose, since now there isn't this constant check for false touches slowing things down. Let me know if you see this on your device.
schrochem

Post by schrochem »

Seems to have worked. There is also an app I'm gonna check out called touchscreentune
Zkyevolved
Phone: Dell streak

Post by Zkyevolved »

Interesting, but I changed to Ultra Keyboard. The developer is much more active, and answers questions (not that I have any). I see him on the forum and I have placed ticket support and a few days later the apps was updated. In fact, it has been updated 4 or 5 times since I switched 2 or 3 months ago.

Since Cyril doesn't update this application anymore, I just deleted it, voted it down and left it alone. I've seen numerous comments from the people that bought it too stating that it doesn't work well on their Notes.

Oh well. I suggest ULTRA KEYBOARD. Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... board.full