Galaxy Note Bugs

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
Zkyevolved
Phone: Dell streak

Galaxy Note Bugs

Post by Zkyevolved »

Hello, I love your app :) Greatest keyboard ever. But I must tell you that I am having a little bit of trouble with your application on my Samsung Galaxy Note on 2.3.6. The keyboard lags a little, but that's not that big of a deal. The real issue is that it sometimes doesn't detect a keystroke. It's frustrating. It maybe misses one of every 30 characters I type, maybe a little more often, too.

I have taken the liberty to try 2 other keyboards (not including the stock keyboard) and they don't have the same issue. So I spoke with a programmer friend and she told me that I should contact you as it's not the device and no other keyboard shares the same issues.

How can I help fix this issue? :) Or is there a fix for it? I know it shouldn't exist as I've had 2 other android devices, and they haven't given me any grief. And it shouldn't on a dual core 1.4 ghz processor with 1 gig ram! It must be a small bug somewhere. :)

Zkyevolved

Re: Galaxy Note Bugs

Post by Zkyevolved »

I've tested a little further, and turned on the feature to show heat points when touch typing, and it doesn't pick up all the letters. It's very strange. I know I hit them, and they're not being registered by your keyboard. I've tried with Go Keyboard, Swype, Samsung and SwiftKey X. I haven't had this issue with any of them. But i don't like those keyboards! So... if you could recommend something, some setting, or a newer build, I'd really appreciate it.

Kent.
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

Hi
Smart Keyboard has some special algorithms that other keyboards don't have, to handle multitouch. Maybe the problem comes from here, if the device has a different behavior from the other ones... Does your problem happen when typing with one or two fingers?
Cyril
Zkyevolved

Post by Zkyevolved »

It's with two fingers. I am a fast typer. If I go slow, it doesn't happen. But I can also think of it as some type of lag or something like that. What do you think I should do to get it to work correctly? I know it's a new device on the market, and with a strange resolution and a strange device. Anything I can do to help :)
Zkyevolved

Post by Zkyevolved »

Any suggestions? I'd love to get my favorite keyboard working again. :-)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note.
Zkyevolved

Post by Zkyevolved »

Hello? Its been almost a month... is there anything I can do? Thanks.
starblade42
Phone: Galaxy Note, android 2.3.6

Post by starblade42 »

I have experienced the same problem and finally decided to do something about it. I tried changing some of the settings myself and found one thing that may be useful. When I turned off multitouch on Smart Keyboard its stops missing my keystrokes. If you absolutely have to use smartkeyboard, then that's what I would suggest. I've been getting awfully good results this way. It is a little slower, but it doesn't get at all confused by my touch order which is a big deal. (Unlike the original single touch android keyboard).

That probably means that there is an issue between the way Smartkeyboard interacts with Samsung's multitouch driver. Sad day.
Zkyevolved

Post by Zkyevolved »

starblade42 wrote:I have experienced the same problem and finally decided to do something about it. I tried changing some of the settings myself and found one thing that may be useful. When I turned off multitouch on Smart Keyboard its stops missing my keystrokes. If you absolutely have to use smartkeyboard, then that's what I would suggest. I've been getting awfully good results this way. It is a little slower, but it doesn't get at all confused by my touch order which is a big deal. (Unlike the original single touch android keyboard).

That probably means that there is an issue between the way Smartkeyboard interacts with Samsung's multitouch driver. Sad day.
Yeah, I've figured that much, but I still type really fast and because of turning the multitouch off it misses keys (pretty much the same effect as having multitouch ON, except less frequently) because when I lift up my finger, the other finger probably has made a little contact. So same effect.

I'm using Ultra Keyboard, and it has a lot of options and works fairly well, but the only thing is: I don't like it as much as SKP. The other keyboard is very recommendable, it has a TON of features and it works just fine on the Note. I can fly while typing. It also has some cool effects :)

Regardless, I'd really like SKP to work because it's the keyboard I've been using for a long long time, and I've been recommending to people. I just like the way it works! But the developer doesn't really come around here anymore. He's probably busy doing other things, so it's recommendable to use other keyboards. Ultra works best for me :).
flair
Phone: Galaxy Note. 2.3.6

Post by flair »

Same here. I just upgraded from Galaxy S Captivate to Galaxy Note.

and somehow smart keyboard on galaxy note is super laggy compared to the captivate.
which is hard to understand.

Hopefully, it gets revised and optimized later.
schrochem

Post by schrochem »

It's a pity Cyril isn't responding. I'm not sure why, he was very responsive before the spam invasion.....
I've tried other keyboards and always come back to SKP.
I'm VERY interested in the NOTE or whatever HTC answers it with (the 5"+ is what I like).
I noticed one of the updates will have the stock keyboard offset to one side for easier one hand typing.
When I saw that, it made sense and was wondering if SKP could do something similar.