Small lag at times

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
zBliz
Phone: Samsung Captivate

Re: Small lag at times

Post by zBliz »

Basically as I'm typing, there will either be a small delay when I press the space bar, or in the middle of typing a word. The keyboard is unresponsive for a second or two, then all the key presses during the lag will catch up and be entered. It only happened now and then, but it was often enough to become a problem. I've reinstalled and will see if that solves the problem. I sure hope it does since this keyboard is great.
zBliz
Phone: Samsung Captivate

Post by zBliz »

After a reinstall, there is still lag. I've tried to see if maybe something else like a program or settings is causing this, but the lag is still there.
anth.trinh
Phone: caotivate 2.0

Post by anth.trinh »

Im using the captivate and I have the same problem. Every three or four w ords my phone will freeze not for one or two seconds, but more like half a second to a full second. Then all the letters will come in screen rushed. I
goodie
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S

Post by goodie »

Im using the captivate and I have the same problem. Every three or four w ords my phone will freeze not for one or two seconds, but more like half a second to a full second. Then all the letters will come in screen rushed
Have you tried turning off smart dictionary?
I have similar lag, but it only happens when I use smart dictionary with learn new words option. I'm using samsung galaxy.
anth.trinh

Post by anth.trinh »

Yeah, i just tried that. Didn't work. There is still a lag time, but not as much, maybe .2 seconds to .4 seconds.
anth.trinh

Post by anth.trinh »

Just updated to the 3.1 Lag is even worst now, went from .5seconds to about 2 seconds. Really awful. I'm running samsung vibrant 2.1 I wish there was a refund app.
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

Two seconds?? That's just incredible. Can you tell me exactly in which situation it happens (ie: while you are typing, when you open the keyboard, etc.), install "Log Collector" app and send a log report by mail to smartkeyboardpro at gmail.com (and tell me what you were doing while the lag occurred)

Also, please try the following afterwards:
- disable "smart dictionary" option if you have it
- uninstall / reinstall the keyboard to reset the settings, and restart your phone

Please let me know the results, there is absolutely NO reason why the keyboard would have a 1-second lag, except if there is zero memory on your phone (in which case, this is a problem from other apps, not the keyboard)
Cyril
anth.trinh

Post by anth.trinh »

just sent the log, i was typing..the brown fox jumped...etc.....about every three or four words the keyboard froze.
PROXIMO
Phone: Wildfire

Post by PROXIMO »

It happens to me also form time to time, but i thought it is because my phone is not so powerful (i use HTC Wildfire @528MHz).
anth.trinh

Post by anth.trinh »

Just got the handcent update. The lag is back down to half second