Custom word suggestions only in qwerty

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
Sunebune
Phone: HTC Legend, Android 2.1

Custom word suggestions only in qwerty

Post by Sunebune »

Hi,

This keyboard truly rocks! Only two things still bugging me (Smart Keyboard Pro version 3.10.2 - English + Danish dictionary):

1. When I manually add a word to the dictionary, it'll come up as a suggestion in qwerty mode (the way it should), but unfortunately not in t9 mode. This problem appears when using Danish as well as English dictionary.

2. In t9 mode, using the Danish dictionary, when you hit the 'ghi' button, the word 'i' should come up as the first suggestion instead of just the letter 'g'. ('i' is a very common word in Danish, meaning 'in' plus a lot more - that's why this detail is quite important.)

I hope you'll be able to fix these issues.

Thanks - best regards
Sune Mortensen, Copenhagen
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: Custom word suggestions only in qwerty

Post by cyril »

Hello

1) Really? I cannot reproduce any problem with the user dictionary in T9... Which word are you trying to add?
2) You can use a custom autotext as explained in the user's guide:
- redefine the default letter when using the T9 layout. For instance you can define an autotext to replace "t" by "u," so that "u" becomes the default choice when you press the "tuv" key in T9
Cyril
Sunebune

Post by Sunebune »

Hello Cyril,

1) I realise it's a bit more complicated (for me, anyway) than I thought. It seems the problem's got to do with æ, ø and å.

When I add the word "pastinak" to the Danish dictionary, there's no problem: the word comes up as primary suggestion when I start writing it in t9.
But when I add the word "æblemos", it only comes up as a suggestion when I turn off t9 or use the qwerty. When in t9 mode, I need to write "æble" and then "mos" to achieve the word.
Now, when I add the word "ledsætninger", it does come up in t9 when I write the first letters ('leds'), but disappears again when I hit the 'abc' button to write 'æ'. Instead, the word "ledsaget" is suggested. I wonder if it's all connected to the fact that when I, starting a word, hit the 'abc' button, only a, b and c come up as options, not æ (and å) - just like when I hit the 'mno', I don't get the ø option. In order to achieve e.g. æ or å, I need to press and hold the 'abc' button and slide my finger to æ or å. Thus, maybe the word suggestion system doesn't recognise my attempt to write 'ledsæ', but sees it as an attempt to write 'ledsa'..?

2) Regarding the word 'i', I'll try and have a look at the custom autotext feature as you suggest - in fact, would that perhaps be able to fix the above problem too?

Thanks,
Sune
cyril wrote:Hello

1) Really? I cannot reproduce any problem with the user dictionary in T9... Which word are you trying to add?
2) You can use a custom autotext as explained in the user's guide:
- redefine the default letter when using the T9 layout. For instance you can define an autotext to replace "t" by "u," so that "u" becomes the default choice when you press the "tuv" key in T9
Sunebune

Post by Sunebune »

Hi,

It turns out it's not only an æ, ø, å thing. Also, the word 'kys' (= kiss) is not suggested in t9 mode. When I try to enter 'ky' (i.e. 'jkl' + 'wxyz'), 'ly' is suggested, and when I try to enter the final 's' (i.e. 'pqrs'), 'lys' is suggested. The other given options include e.g. 'kyst' and 'jysk', but not 'kys'. However, when I add another 's', the word 'kyssede' (= kissed) is suggested, and other inflections of the word are given as options.

Again, when I start writing 'kys' with the t9 off or using the qwerty keyboard, there's no problem: 'kys' is correctly suggested.

Best,
Sune
Sunebune

Post by Sunebune »

Hi,

This is still a problem which I'd like to have sorted. If you're not able to do anything about it, please inform me.

Best,
Sune
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

Sorry I had no time to look at your problem, but I will
Cyril
dan55

Post by dan55 »

hi Cyril
I also get this on my desire. i've custom mapped
some words and they work fine in landscape
but just don't work in compact mode. this is with
english dictionary
cheers
dan
Sunebune

Post by Sunebune »

Hi,

I kind of figured we were left to solving this issue ourselves. However, something's just happened and it seems my problem is gone (did you do something, Cyril? - I don't recall updating Smart Keyboard Pro recently). I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but I recently realised that some of the words I'd entered manually while e.g. texting, didn't even appear in the user dictionary as they were supposed to (e.g. 'kys' and 'præcedens'). Then I tried entering 'kys' from within the 'edit user dictionary' / 'add word' function and though it didn't seem to make a difference at first, now suddenly it works, i.e. it comes up as the primary suggestion when I enter 'ky' in t9 mode. And when earlier today, I was annoyed that 'præcedens' (once again) didn't come up in t9 mode, I checked the user dictionary, where it did not appear, so I entered it from within the dictionary, and now it's works! What's strange is that now 'præcedens' appears twice in the dictionary, as if it were actually already there and just didn't show.

I thought this was an indication that any word causing a problem needed to be entered manually from within the user dictionary settings, but now after trying a bit, I'm not even able to produce a problem word (i.e. one that is not automatically suggested in t9 mode) by entering it while texting. Which means I guess everything is perfect now (except I'm baffled??).

Best,
Sune