Search form + full screen portrait = no T9

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
chtamina

Search form + full screen portrait = no T9

Post by chtamina »

I've created a new issue in the bug tracker ( http://bugs.smartkeyboardpro.com/view.php?id=213 )
when full screen portrait is on you won't be able to enable t9 in search form :shock:
please have a look
thanks
chtamina

Re: Search form + full screen portrait = no T9

Post by chtamina »

I created two other issues in the bugs tracker, I hope they get read at least

thanks
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

This is more a side effect of this particular combination than a bug, actually.
When you are in a search form in portrait (without the fullscreen option), this form displays a drop-down list with suggestions. When you switch to landscape (without the no-fullscreen option), the form cannot any more display this drop down list (as it is covered by the keyboard), so instead the suggestions appear in the prediction bar of the keyboard, which implies it cannot be used any more for auto-correction.
When you enable portrait fullscreen option, portrait behaves like landscape, so the prediction bar can only display the suggestions given by the search form, that's why you cannot use any kind of predictions, including T9 prediction.
Cyril
chtamina

Post by chtamina »

Thanks for the reply but since I enabled

Always Suggest
also display suggestions for searches

I think it should work in fullscreen/portrait/t9 mode too and ignore google suggestions (where available)
Because the google search is just one of the searches, most times you search through sms, twitter, email
or other app that won't display any suggestions so we get the t9 is disabled with no reason.

What do you think about it ?

I mean if I don't want suggestion for searches I won't enable those option, I can't see how the "full screen" mode should relate to this.

Thanks
chtamina

Post by chtamina »

please consider fixing this because, as stated, too many search form doesn't provide suggestions plus most times even when I search on google I'd like to write whater I want using my T9 !
thanks
chtamina

Post by chtamina »

no reply ? why ?
you can't even imagine how much this bug (feature ?) is annoying.
What do you think about it ? SKP is a great keyboard but I'm seriously thinking to go back to htc ime mod because of this :oops:
chtamina

Post by chtamina »

Ok, after xmas a lot of friends got a small budget android with medium-small screens.
I made them all buy your keyboard and configured the fullscreen portrait because it's a KILLER feature of your keyboard and it's really, really, useful on small screens.
I got at least two of them asking me "why doesn't the t9 work when I press search button" ?
I still don't know what to tell them, and sincerely I can't understand why if I enabled the
Always Suggest
also display suggestions for searches
It still won't display suggestions for searches.

What do you think about it ? are you going to "fix" it ?
(I know that you don't think it's a bug but you're actually considering as a feature)

Thanks
Greetings
pipspips
Phone: sony Ericsson X10

Post by pipspips »

up..

Absolutely agree.

I do like the smart keybord T9 feature, but as it is impossible to use it in the search mode, I 'm forced to spend my time to learn a new tool named Swype to bypass this problem (at least for me !!), hope i will get use to it soon..

I would prefer to keep using the T9 feature, as I still have another regular phone (no smartphone) that only have a regular tel key board.

thanks anyway if you can consider this pt.

pips