Does not accept new custom words since recent update

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
paulq
Phone: Incredible - 2.2

Does not accept new custom words since recent update

Post by paulq »

After receiving today's update, I noticed that any new words I add to the user dictionary are not recognized by the keyboard. Previously entered words seem to still work though.

*BUG*

EDIT: I played around with it. I tried rebooting my phone and it started recognizing the words I added. I added some more, it didn't recognize them, so I reboot my phone again and now it won't recognize any of them. In fact, it now rejects SOME words I had entered prior to today's update. Something is wrong. Can I rollback to the previous version?

(using Droid Incredible)
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: Does not accept new custom words since recent update

Post by cyril »

It seems there is a problem on some phones with the new native code used for the smart dictionary. Looking at it
Cyril
chtamina

Post by chtamina »

yes I confirm this bug, I'm going back to beta version
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

No, no, please don't do it now! I need help to investigate
Please install Log Collector and show me your phone logs when you open the keyboard for the first time
Cyril
chtamina

Post by chtamina »

cyril wrote:No, no, please don't do it now! I need help to investigate
Please install Log Collector and show me your phone logs when you open the keyboard for the first time
I've no problem helping you investigate BTW going back to the beta did the trick. Now I'll install that app and send you the log
bemymonkey
Phone: HTC Desire CM6

Post by bemymonkey »

But the speed tweaks are coming back in future versions, right? Smart Keyboard has never been so smooth on my Desire :shock:
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

It will, but I need some feedbacks to understand why the version I pushed to the market didn't work for everyone. You can refer to this post to get the beta version
Cyril
dan55

Post by dan55 »

hi all,

just come back to SKP from swype and i seem to get this issue too - i added 3 custom words - it gets 1 of them but not the other 2 - odd
cheers
dan

btw: shame you cant add these on the fly from the word suggestion rather than going to settings etc
Travis90
Phone: Motorola Milestone 2.2.1

Post by Travis90 »

I've a similar problem! I use the version PRO 3.11.0-bis on My Motorola Milestone with CM6 2.2.1, and use only T9 layout! Firstly... sorry for my bad english, because I'm italian! :)
I haven't problems with "new custom words" (I have this problems with 3.12.0 beta ;) ), but I have this mistakes...
I have Italian dictionary, so if I press 4 and then 6 with T9 layout, the keyboard predicts the words "ho" and "in", so I add in user dictionary the word "io"! Ok, all works well!
Now if I press 4 and then 6, the keyboard predicts firstly "io", then "in" and "ho" as secondary choice) so I select "in"....
So I type 4 and 6 and I choose the word "in" many times , but the word "io" still remains the first predicted word! :roll:
I try deleting the "Data" of the App Smart Keyboard, to reset all setting to default! Then I "re-choose" (as I have before) T9 layout, the "Auto-learning Dictionary" (in italian setting it is "Dizionario Intelligente") and "Learn New words"!
So a "re-add" the word "io", but this time if I choose the word "in" for many times, the word "in" became the first predicted word!
And in this way the keyboard works well, as when I used the keyboard in the early days!

I would not reset all setting and "re-add" all my custom words to dictionary to solve this problem! But I will try this anyway if this is useful for you (if this can help to understand where is the problem)
Because I also try to delete only user dictionary, but it doesn't work!
How I can solve this?
Thanks in advance!!