keyboard visible even when physical keyboard is in use.

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
thedicemaster
Phone: mobii tegra - acer liquid both 2.2

keyboard visible even when physical keyboard is in use.

Post by thedicemaster »

i found out about this bug after the last update(3.13) added a disable-setting for the broken feature:
on my mobii tegra(P10AN01/advent vega) running android 2.2 (mcr7 rom) the keyboard pops up and remains visible even if i'm in landscape mode and with a physical(usb) keyboard plugged in and in use.
it's not a built-in keyboard, but android still reports it as a physical keyboard so i'd expect software-keyboards to treat it as such.

after the last update, the first thing i did was check the physical keyboard setting added to the smart keyboard pro settings, but enabling/disabling it had no effect at all.
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: keyboard visible even when physical keyboard is in use.

Post by cyril »

Strange... the new option is "Ignore hard keyboard" in the advanced settings. Is it the one you disabled? The "physical keyboard" option is something else (and is not new), it's to show suggestions even when you use the hard keyboard.
Cyril
thedicemaster

Post by thedicemaster »

both are disabled, but it works as if the new option is enabled regardless of the actual setting.
it has always been like this for me.
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

Ah ok, I thought something was broken in 3.13... So, if your keyboard is not recognized as a hard keyboard indeed the option will not help, as Smart Keyboard relies on Android to known if there is a hard kbd.
Cyril
thedicemaster

Post by thedicemaster »

android does say a usb keyboard is a hard-keyboard, it shows the option to disable the stock keyboard, and a settings entry for hardware keyboards when one is connected.