Text prediction on hard keyboard disables period button.

You can post your bug reports here. Please include at least the app version and your phone, and any useful information.
Dr_Cloverdale
Phone: EVO Shift

Text prediction on hard keyboard disables period button.

Post by Dr_Cloverdale »

Phone: EVO Shift, stock ROM, rooted.

When using the text prediction on the hard keyboard, the period button will not do anything. Is anyone else experiencing this?
thehottotty
Phone: htc evo shift

Re: Text prediction on hard keyboard disables period button.

Post by thehottotty »

I am having this problem as well It's really annoying to the point that I may have to uninstall Glad I didn't pay for this! As you can tell from this post, it's a pain to not have periods

Ellipses - since I can't make ellipses, I thought I would spell it out!
twompier
Phone: HTC Evo Shift

Post by twompier »

I just downloaded trial a couple days ago and was loving it until my period disappeared on the physical keyboard today, which is odd because it worked until now. I enabled the double spacebar for a period but I want my period back!! I often type.......many periods.....so the double space bar won't cut it. I was JUST ABOUT to download the Smart Keyboard Pro but I'm sure it will have the same glitch. Bummer.
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

Well, bugs that "appear suddenly" are by definition impossible to reproduce and investigate, and I never saw this bug on my hard keyboard, and I don't see at all how this could happen. If people can reproduce this problem, I would be happy to send them a custom version with additional logs, so that I can see what happens with the period key.
Cyril
twompier

Post by twompier »

If you tell me how to send you whatever it is you're looking for for diagnostic purposes, I'd be happy to do so. There are a couple other glitches also. The smiley key gives me a square instead of a smiley (not a solid filled in square; just the outline) and the .com key doesn't work (which is the same key as the period key). Honestly, these all worked fine initially and I changed no settings. MOST IMPORTANTLY, I am still only using the trial version. If I were to purchase SK Pro, woulds that override the trial and perhaps these physical keyboard keys would work again? If you say it will, I'll gamble and go for it. Thx. Susan
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

twompier wrote:the .com key ... (which is the same key as the period key).
Oh really ?! Then it may explain the problem, I guess HTC has (again) implemented something non-standard... The Evo shift doesn't exist in France, so I never saw one...
twompier wrote:Honestly, these all worked fine initially and I changed no settings.
Honestly, if things really stopped working after some time, it cannot be due to Smart Keyboard. The part of the code which could cause such problems has not changed for MONTHS in Smart Keyboard. However, HTC are used to deliver OTA updates which break everything due to non-documented changes.
MOST IMPORTANTLY, I am still only using the trial version.
Trial and Pro are exactly the same (except the nag popup)
Cyril
twompier

Post by twompier »

Well I know over the past week, Sprint announced they would be pushing the gingerbread update onto the phones. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I'll stay with the trial a bit longer....maybe some other update will push through that will fix it all. One can always hope!! Thanks for your patience.
dsjskf
Phone: HTC EVO Shift; Android 2.2

Post by dsjskf »

Hello. I am having this same problem - the period key on my physical keyboard doesn't work w/ text prediction turned on. I just installed the trial version this morning. Great product, but this is definitely an issue.

I am using an HTC EVO Shift; Android 2.2

thanks!