Phone: EVO 4G Android 2.1

Re: Looking for beta-testers

Post by boowalley »

:lol:
nicky041192
Phone: HTC Wildfire Official 2.2

Post by nicky041192 »

Any news on what will be new in the next version?
*cough* Copy, Cut, Paste *cough* :P

Or an online repo for skins ;)
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

The next version will have enhancements for European languages, with the new option "Accents priority", and fixes for tablets (especially Xoom)

It can be downloaded here.

About the online skins repository, it's only related to the web site, not the app itself, but anyway I hope I will find some time to do this one day.
Cyril
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

New feature added in the above beta: "touch to correct" (enabled by default), which allows to bring up the prediction bar when the cursor is moved to an already typed word.
Please give your feedbacks to this version!
Cyril
serenewaffles

Post by serenewaffles »

It works to bring up the suggestion bar, and selecting new words also works in English. T9 next button does not work properly. It looks like it cycles once properly, but seems to break after that.

EDIT: One other thing: consider using that final decimal in the version number to differentiate better.

EDIT 2: When using the hardware keyboard on the Droid 2, clicking brings up the suggestion bar and I can't make it go away until I leave the text field.

EDIT 3: T9 next still works right for new words after re-editing breaks it.

EDIT 4: Using backspace to eliminate the space following a word so that you can re-edit it causes the next space to remove the word and enter a period as if you had pressed space twice. This occurs in T9 and regular qwerty (portrait).

EDIT 5: I haven't been able to reproduce the problem in EDIT4

EDIT 6: Sorry for all the edits. If you type a word and then tap it to edit it, it is then selected as if it is highlighted. Typing anything in this situation will cause the word to be replaced completely. This makes the entire message uneditable if you have the keyboard set to not insert a space after word suggestions/insertions.
ock
Phone: Galaxy S i9000, Froyo

Post by ock »

serenewaffles wrote:
EDIT 6: Sorry for all the edits. If you type a word and then tap it to edit it, it is then selected as if it is highlighted. Typing anything in this situation will cause the word to be replaced completely. This makes the entire message uneditable if you have the keyboard set to not insert a space after word suggestions/insertions.
I can reproduce this issue too, touch to correct suggestions work great though. :D
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

ock wrote:
serenewaffles wrote: EDIT 6: Sorry for all the edits. If you type a word and then tap it to edit it, it is then selected as if it is highlighted. Typing anything in this situation will cause the word to be replaced completely. This makes the entire message uneditable if you have the keyboard set to not insert a space after word suggestions/insertions.
I can reproduce this issue too, touch to correct suggestions work great though. :D
Selecting words after a touch actually only works starting from Gingerbread, so for now I removed this feature from the beta (maybe I'll put it back again later if I find a solution to this problem)
Cyril
boowalley

Post by boowalley »

:? Whew, I couldn't reproduce the option you guys where talking about. I have Froyo. Cyril's last post cleared up my confusion :)
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

Just to clarify again, I was just talking about "If you type a word and then tap it to edit it, it is then selected as if it is highlighted". The whole feature "touch to correct" works on all versions of Android.
Cyril
boowalley

Post by boowalley »

Okay. I got cha.