Would like to be disable the automatic space after a word

For anything else related to Smart Keyboard
imekul
Phone: Sprint HTC Hero

Would like to be disable the automatic space after a word

Post by imekul »

Is there a way to disable the automatic space after selecting a suggested word? It's not usually a problem, but when I'm entering in something like a username, then I have to manually backspace to rid of that extra space.

I'm pretty sure the HTC keyboard doesn't add the space automatically -- except when hitting the space bar, obviously.

Is there any way to make this an option? I realize it can be a benefit for some people to have the space automatically thrown in there, but I think it would be nice to be able to turn it off.
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: Would like to be disable the automatic space after a word

Post by cyril »

Yes, everything is possible ;)
Cyril
Grief
Phone: HTC Hero

Post by Grief »

imekul wrote:Is there a way to disable the automatic space after selecting a suggested word? It's not usually a problem, but when I'm entering in something like a username, then I have to manually backspace to rid of that extra space.

I'm pretty sure the HTC keyboard doesn't add the space automatically -- except when hitting the space bar, obviously.

Is there any way to make this an option? I realize it can be a benefit for some people to have the space automatically thrown in there, but I think it would be nice to be able to turn it off.
Fixed in the new version! :)
imekul
Phone: Sprint HTC Hero

Post by imekul »

Thank you, Cyril! I love having so many options. Lets everybody customize the keyboard to their liking! :D