Where's the pound (£) symbol?

For anything else related to Smart Keyboard
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: Where's the pound (£) symbol?

Post by cyril »

There is a simple solution: define a custom autotext to replace "d" by "£", and that's all!
Cyril
Zarch
Phone: HTC Desire 2.2

Post by Zarch »

cyril wrote:There is a simple solution: define a custom autotext to replace "d" by "£", and that's all!
Cyril, that seems a bit of a pain to be honest.

How difficult would it be to create an English (British) locale with £ being the prominent currency symbol?
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

I'm not saying it's difficult (I could do this for the next version)
I'm saying there a solution NOW to your problem ;) and it's even better than long pressing the d key as you just need to press "d" and you have your pound! (do you ever type the word "d" alone?)
Cyril
Zarch

Post by Zarch »

cyril wrote:I'm not saying it's difficult (I could do this for the next version)
I'm saying there a solution NOW to your problem ;) and it's even better than long pressing the d key as you just need to press "d" and you have your pound! (do you ever type the word "d" alone?)
Thanks Cyril.

I was thinking more long term for new users finding £ instantly than having to knowing they have to create custom autotext.

If you could look at bringing something into the next version, that would be stunning. :D
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

Fair enough, I added it in the latest beta
Cyril
Zarch

Post by Zarch »

cyril wrote:Fair enough, I added it in the latest beta
Utterly amazing Cyril. Works a treat having a new language "English (uk)".

If only every author was so quick to take onboard comments and action. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
shirley0123

Post by shirley0123 »

People who run regularly know the advantages of running. Also do they know the importance of good shoes when running. There are different multinational companies manufacturing shoes currently, however not all shoes are worth spending for. Onitsuka Tiger Monte Pokhara shoes have caught the imagination of all runners, and are said to be the best available option currently for running. High quality Onitsuka Tiger Olympos must the most perfect shoes.