Seperate imput window when typing

For anything else related to Smart Keyboard
carstengaard
Phone: HTC desire, Froyo

Seperate imput window when typing

Post by carstengaard »

Hi

I love the Smart Keyb - enable danish keyboard and generally I just type faster with this keybord.

Since the last couple of days (i think) - when I type - an additional window open. The keyboard below, text in upper left section (app 2/3 of screen width) and a "finished" key in upper right.

e.g. if writing a text message - when I hit the imput field the additional window open.

This goes for all apps during text imput - e.g. also internet browser, email etc.

Is this a new feture and can it be disabled. I find it does not work for me - I need to be able to see the page/app i'm working in. Also, e.g. typing an adress in the google maps nav - I get the additional window and the suggested adresses are a long hidden list to the right - I have to use the soft arrowkey to se further suggestions.

If it is a new feture - what are the thoughts behind this new feture.

Don't worry - not leaving the smart keyb!

Best Regards
carstengaard
LuwNL
Phone: HTC Legend 2.1

Re: Seperate imput window when typing

Post by LuwNL »

it's an option:

go to: Settings, Language and keyboard -> Smart Keyboard Pro -> Defeault settings ->

And click the option: "No landscape fullscreen"

U should be oke then.

Ciao
Luw
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Re: Seperate imput window when typing

Post by cyril »

Or maybe you enabled the "portrait fullscreen" option, but anyway it was not enabled by default, so you probably changed something yourself (you can uninstall / reinstall the keyboard to reset all the settings)
Cyril