Payment and download issues

For anything else related to Smart Keyboard
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Payment and download issues

Post by cyril »

This topic gives some answers to common questions about download and payment issues for Smart Keyboard Pro with Android Market.

- I bought the app and cannot download it: why?
If you cannot download the app from Android Market, it usually means you actually did not buy it, because your payment has been declined. Don't be fooled by the "Purchased" status you can see in Android Market in front of "Smart Keyboard Pro", actually Android Market can display "Purchased" even though the purchase failed.
The only reliable way to check your order status is to connect to http://checkout.google.com with your Google account, and there you will find a summary of all your orders on Android Market. You should also you check the emails you received from Google Checkout, they contain all the needed information to follow your order. If you see "Payment declined" or "Authorization failed", it means your payment has failed and you will not be able to download.

- So, why is my payment refused? I have plenty of money on my bank account!
Credit card authorization problems with Google Checkout have (usually) nothing to do with the money you have on your account. Authorization can fail if you put wrong information in Google Checkout, for instance wrong card number (obvious reason) or wrong name (not the name written on your credit card). But a common issue is that your bank may not allow payments in foreign currencies with your credit card. Indeed as Smart Keyboard Pro is sold from France, the payment is collected by "Google Payment Limited", which is a company based in the UK, and the app has to be paid in Euros, not US Dollars (or anything else). So you may need to contact your bank to get authorization for this order.

- So, how can I solve the problem?
The best way is to cancel your order from Android Market, and fix your credit card information (or contact your bank, or using another credit card) before trying again. If you don't find any way to use Android Market, you can also buy the app outside the official Android Market, with SlideME or PayPal (see here).

- I canceled the order, but I was charged anyway: did you steal my money??
Of course, nobody wants to steal your money. Normally, no money is taken from your bank account until the order is confirmed (usually 30 hours after the purchase), so if you cancel your order during the 24-hour trial period, nothing should happen. However with some banks, Google Checkout has to take money when you download the app, and if you cancel the order, you may see a refund only several days later.

- My download is stuck while trying to update, and I cannot even cancel it (the Market app crashes), what can I do?
If this happens, restarting your phone will not help. The only solution is to reset the Android Market app, with the following procedure: Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All > Market > Force stop then Clear data and cache
Cyril
lopesr
Phone: Archos 70 Internet Tablet, version 2.2

Re: Payment and download issues

Post by lopesr »

Hi,

I had downloaded the keyboard and due the fact that I can use different languages I am loving it.
Also the fact that writing on a tablet became much simpler.

I want to pay for it, but don't like to give my credit card details (never loaded them in any website).
Can you tell me, please, if I can pay with pay pall?
There's any other method apart credit card?

Thanks very much, best regards,

RL
lopesr
Phone: Archos 70 Internet Tablet, version 2.2

Post by lopesr »

Dear Sirs,

Ignore my last message, please... found your link outside Android Market and make already a payment... next time I promise to read everything first. :))

Any problem with download issues I will let you know.
should I uninstall it now and downloaded it again through the link you're going to send me?

Regards,

RL

lopesr wrote:Hi,

I had downloaded the keyboard and due the fact that I can use different languages I am loving it.
Also the fact that writing on a tablet became much simpler.

I want to pay for it, but don't like to give my credit card details (never loaded them in any website).
Can you tell me, please, if I can pay with pay pall?
There's any other method apart credit card?

Thanks very much, best regards,

RL
deckoff
Phone: HTC DHD

Post by deckoff »

I bought the keyboard from paypal, how can I get updates when they arrive???
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

Just use the same download link, you will always get the latest version
Cyril
Hopie

Post by Hopie »

Hello, i bought smartkeyboard with paypal.

my problem is, i loose my email with the licence key. can you send my key with email?
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

No problem just send a mail to smartkeyboard at dexilog.com with your full name.
Cyril
janhall_us
Phone: Entourage Pocket eDGe tablet 1.6

Post by janhall_us »

Bought the app from SlideMe tonight but can't find anywhere to download the "English for Smart Keyboard Pro" that it's asking for. I do not have market access since I have a tablet only running 1.6. Where can I get the dictionary outside of the market? Thank you.
cyril
Developer

Post by cyril »

All the dictionaries can be downloaded here
Cyril
stevelick
Phone: sony experia 10. v.1.6

Post by stevelick »

I purchased the pro keyboard a week ago but never got a unlock code. How do I receive the code. I purchased on pay pal...