Replace "tm'" with "un'" within T9 keyboard

For anything else related to Smart Keyboard
chtamina

Replace "tm'" with "un'" within T9 keyboard

Post by chtamina »

Hello, in Italian we use this sign " ' " after "un" (which means "a" or "an") when the next word is "female".
The question is: is there a quick way to write " un' " using the T9 ?

If I try to write it I get " tm' " I tried with autotext replace but it didn't work.

Right now I'm testing this keyboard, if I'll be able to get this done I'll buy it.

thanks
nicola
chtamina

Re: Replace "tm'" with "un'" within T9 keyboard

Post by chtamina »

i don't get why no one answered my question, looks like it won't be possible at all
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

Handling of apostrophe with Italian is a bit tricky. I guess you mean T9 layout with T9 prediction enabled? (otherwise there is no problem)
The problem is that apostrophe is not considered as a word separator, so typing " un' " alone doesn't make sense in my opinion. What are you trying to type exactly?
For instance if you want to type " un'altra " with T9, there is no problem, you can just type:
(tum) (mno) (') (abc) (jkl) (tuv) (pqrs) (abc)
or even:
(tum) (mno) (abc) (jkl) (tuv) (pqrs) (abc)
Cyril
chtamina

Post by chtamina »

I'm able to type "un'altra" because it was previously added to my custom dictionary, otherwise words get "recorded" like this
the article like " l' " or " un' " gets recored together with the word, so I have to add each word each time again.
maybe when you type a word like "un" or " l "followed by the " ' " it should act like a word separator

I guess you have similar problems with french language