Text Window REALLY narrow in landscape

For anything else related to Smart Keyboard
artmanphoto
Phone: Motorola Droid X Android V2.2

Text Window REALLY narrow in landscape

Post by artmanphoto »

I downloaded Smart Keyboard trial tonight to evaluate before purchasing. When I try to type in horizontal landscape on my Motorola DroidX 2.2 the text window at the top of the screen is about 3 lines high for the first few characters then suddenly changes to so narrow that I cannot see the text I am typing.

I am doing something wrong?

Also in a previous thread it was mentioned that if I purchase the paid Pro version all of the settings from the Trial do not transfer over to the Pro. Is this true. There are alot of settings to write down from the trial then change them in the Pro install.

Thanks!
Bill Artman, Kansas City - USA
chtamina

Re: Text Window REALLY narrow in landscape

Post by chtamina »

+1 here for both questions
artmanphoto

Post by artmanphoto »

chtamina wrote:+1 here for both questions

I am sorry but I don't understand your reply "+1 here for both questions". I moused over your reply thinking it might be a link but it wasn't.

Thanks!
chtamina

Post by chtamina »

I mean I agree with your thougths
artmanphoto

Post by artmanphoto »

Thanks
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

Can you show with a screenshot what happens exactly?

About your second question, actually that's possible but not easy (it involves manipulation with "adb" tool). I need to add a better way in a future version
Cyril
artmanphoto

Post by artmanphoto »

OK - can I make a screenshot on my Droid x? If not I will take a picture And attach it
artmanphoto

Post by artmanphoto »

Cyril;

I no longer have my problem. I un-installed the trial and re-installed it and the problem went away. Maybe I had an option set wrong. I will now purchase the Pro version. Thank you for your great user manual which I printed for my reference. The information is very good.

To give you additional information on the issue before I un-installed and re-installed - when I turned the Droid X to landscape the "text area" above the keyboard was several lines high. After I typed first character in the text area the area immediately became narrow to about a half a line high making it impossible to read what was typing.

Please dis-regard the email I sent you earlier today as that pertained to this issue that is resolved.

Last question - Please tell me what country you are in? Maybe a strange question but I have purchased Android apps from a man in France and Argentina. I think it is very interesting that everyone in the world is working on and supporting the Androids.

Thanks again for your help. Have a happy day.
artmanphoto

Post by artmanphoto »

Cyril;

I figured out why the text input window when the phone was in landscape was so narrow. When I was adjusting the various settings, I changed the key height to about 3/4 of the maximum scale. This made the keys bigger for my big thumbs (!!!) but it also pushed the bottom of the horizontal text input window up significantly.

After re-adjusting the key height to just over 1/2 on the scale the keys are a little bigger and the text input window is larger too.

The mystery is solved. Thanks again for your help.
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

artmanphoto wrote:Last question - Please tell me what country you are in? Maybe a strange question but I have purchased Android apps from a man in France and Argentina. I think it is very interesting that everyone in the world is working on and supporting the Androids.
I'm in France too ;)
Cyril