wanna help to improve the Korean dictionary

For anything else related to Smart Keyboard
wookakux

wanna help to improve the Korean dictionary

Post by wookakux »

Hi, I am currently using the trial version of Smart keyboard. The one and only reason that's keeping me from buying the paid version is the lack of words in the Korean dictionary. And the dictionary with its word suggestion is the heart of this keyboard!
The English dictionary seems great. But the Korean dictionary needs some serious improvements, and most Koreans give it a try but discard it in a short while. (As far as I can tell from Market comments)

How can I or others help to fill up the dictionary with more words? You can't possibly do it all by yourself. What format would let you easily incorporate it into the existing dictionary?

p.s. the compound word system used for German would be very useful in Korean as well. Quite a large proportion of the word shortage in the Korean dictionary results from lack of different postfixes. Please refer to this topic:
http://www.dexilog.com/smartkeyboard/fo ... ound#p2141
wookakux

Re: wanna help to improve the Korean dictionary

Post by wookakux »

Purchased the pro version today, and I'm even more interested in improving the Korean dictionary now!!
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

Hello
the current Korean dictionary is a user contribution from here. The problem is that it's already very big and increasing the size is not possible for technical limitations. I understood this postfix issue, which also applies to other languages (almost all languages, actually), but at the moment the dictionary has no notion of grammar, so postfixes cannot be taken into account in a clever way
Cyril
wookakux

Post by wookakux »

Aah too bad. Well then I'll just have to wait for some structural changes in the dictionary.

Thanks for the reply, anyway!