Auto-correct problems....

For anything else related to Smart Keyboard
graffixnyc
Phone: mytouch 4g

Re: Auto-correct problems....

Post by graffixnyc »

Here is an example... yes it will change teh to the but sometimes you hit a letter next to one you are trying to hit. Example wikk should convert to will.. wheb should change to when.. it works like this in the better keyboard.. I keep going beteen (in bkb this would have been changed to between)the two because I like the auto text of skb but the auto correct of better keyboard.. imo better keyboard has better error correcting... it sucks to have to create auto text for common errors like that.. if either )KB gets auto text or is skb gets better error correction I would have the perfect keyboard
cyril
Developer
Phone: Nexus One 2.3

Post by cyril »

graffixnyc wrote:Here is an example... yes it will change teh to the but sometimes you hit a letter next to one you are trying to hit. Example wikk should convert to will.. wheb should change to when..
I don't understand why you have such problems, as is "wikk" is corrected to "will", and "wheb" is corrected to "when" with Smart Keyboard (I tried in both portrait and landscape). Again, have you changed the key height and/or used the calibration tool? Both SKP and BK use the same algorithm as in Android stock keyboard for proximity correction, so if you see differences it would only come from minor differences in the implementation, which would be easy to improve.
Cyril
graffixnyc

Post by graffixnyc »

so it should correct wikk to will and common mistakes like that?.. I wonder why its not working for me. I did change the height of the keys and I have rab calabration. maybe I should uninstall it and then reinstall and see if that changes it. I'll report back
graffixnyc

Post by graffixnyc »

OK, uninstalling and reinstalling worked. I wonder what happened.. hmm good thing I didn't have hundreds of autotext words set up so I don't mind really setting up the few I have. I really do love your keyboard. I'm coming from being a BB user who never thought he could do without a physical keyboard until I tried this one.