Cupertino for HVGA and WVGA

This is where you can share and download open skins for Smart Keyboard!
zen

Re: Cupertino for HVGA and WVGA

Post by zen »

rvschuil wrote:Awesome skin! Thanks a lot. Also, what notes app are you using? I still need a decent notes application, and yours looks nice.
It's a self-made app, not yet released. :) Have you tried Catch.com? they make pretty decent notes apps (AK Notepad, Catch)
zen

Post by zen »

cyril wrote:
Looks great in portrait mode but kinda looks vertically squashed and simply just not right in landscape mode.
Indeed, that's why the built-in iPhone skin has different images for landscape mode, otherwise it just doesn't look good. However different images for landscape are not supported currently in the skin engine...
Maybe the latest Beta can help. Both key height in Portrait and Landscape modes are adjustable now.
eolsgaard
Phone: HTC Droid Indredible

Post by eolsgaard »

This looks so awesome... would it be possible to make some different color variations? This one is tinted sort of blue-ish, but maybe there could be a reddish one for the droidies, android green, or a hue-less grey version. The design on this is the best I've seen so far! Depressing the keys looks wonderful.
zen

Post by zen »

eolsgaard wrote:would it be possible to make some different color variations? This one is tinted sort of blue-ish, but maybe there could be a reddish one for the droidies, android green, or a hue-less grey version.
I don't have any plans to re-release this in different colors. But, with a little effort, you can make them yourself though.

All the key files themselves are already tintless and translucent so that they adapt with whatever color the base has. The only thing left to modify is the base container (take a look at bg.9.png file) which you can easily shift its hue or saturation. If you drop the saturation, you'll even get one that looks almost exactly like my other skin Chiclet! :D

Share yours on this thread so others can enjoy too. ;)
eolsgaard
Phone: HTC Droid Indredible

Post by eolsgaard »

zen wrote:
eolsgaard wrote:would it be possible to make some different color variations? This one is tinted sort of blue-ish, but maybe there could be a reddish one for the droidies, android green, or a hue-less grey version.
I don't have any plans to re-release this in different colors. But, with a little effort, you can make them yourself though.

All the key files themselves are already tintless and translucent so that they adapt with whatever color the base has. The only thing left to modify is the base container (take a look at bg.9.png file) which you can easily shift its hue or saturation. If you drop the saturation, you'll even get one that looks almost exactly like my other skin Chiclet! :D

Share yours on this thread so others can enjoy too. ;)
I'll give it a shot! Thanks zen!
zznh
Phone: HTC Hero, Android 2.1

Post by zznh »

Hi
How can I remove the numbers above the letters? On my HTC Hero looks like this:

and is a bit different from yours

My version is the PRO

Thanks
zen

Re: Re: Cupertino for HVGA and WVGA

Post by zen »

zznh wrote:Hi
How can I remove the numbers above the letters?
There's an option in General settings; "Show alt labels."
toufic
Phone: htc hero ver.2

Re: Cupertino for HVGA only

Post by toufic »

Blitzie wrote:Forgive me, I'm new to this whole thing.

I would like to download this skin. I can find it in Astro, but I don't know what to do from there. Help?

create a folder on the sd card of your phone call it " skins", download cupertino.zip for example, and add it inside the "skins" folder. Load the sd card on your phone and the skins list will include the skin. the skins in the folder always end with ".zip"
Dam

Post by Dam »

Skin looks wonderful.

It has a bug on my DesireHD though. It doesn't show any icons on my shift/backspace/spacebar/enter keys. It shows the grey key itself but theres just no icon or text on the key. The other keys look normal.

Problem persists on landscape BTW.
Dam

Post by Dam »

Just switched to English keyboard language. It doesn't show the speach input icon either.

Also some more info: on the bugged keys: the pop-up version of the keys look normal (the version u see after pressing the key)